[Governance] [Reminder} Submitting a session proposal for RightsCon 2021

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:13:16 EST 2021

Hello all,

Just a gentle reminder that the Call for Proposals for the 10th edition of
RightsCon <https://www.rightscon.org/> (June 7-11, 2021) is open until Jan
19th ! As a member of the 2021 Program Committee, I wanted to encourage you
to propose a session and share a few helpful resources.

RightsCon is a powerful platform to advance human rights in the digital
age. The public program supports 350+ sessions and connects key
stakeholders from around the world – policymakers, business leaders,
activists, technologists, researchers, lawyers, designers, journalists,
creatives, and more – in order to find solutions to the toughest problems
affecting our digital spaces.

Hosted online and across all time zones, RightsCon 2021 will mark an
important milestone for the technology and human rights community, with a
projected 10,000+ participants from 150 countries projected to attend.
Hosting a session is one of the best ways to tap into a global network of
experts, form unexpected partnerships, and contribute to conversations that
happen nowhere else.

In 2021, RightsCon is accepting session proposals in 20 program categories.
If you’re interested in submitting, I invite you to read the Guide to a
Successful Proposal
<https://www.rightscon.org/your-guide-to-a-successful-proposal/>, and learn
more about the issues shaping this year’s program and important aspects of
the program process.

One last thing to remember: the deadline to propose a session is January
19, 2021 at 23:59 Pacific Standard Time.

As you look through these materials, feel free to reach out to me with any
questions, or get in touch with the RightsCon team directly at
rightscon at accessnow.org. I would also suggest that you subscribe to
the RightsCon
Rundown <https://www.rightscon.org/rundown/> newsletter – if you’re not
already – for program-related updates over the next couple of months.

I truly hope to see your work represented at RightsCon 2021 this June!

Best,

--
*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos