[Governance] IGF Day 0 pre-event: information

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Mon Dec 6 13:19:43 EST 2021

Dear all,

Thanks to those who joined earlier, it was a vibrant discussion! Notes are
in the Googledoc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OKxLqD9L6fzLlNyMjhZG7AyFfruUyTXKYW-_URXb7FU/edit

As for the most time-sensitive output: it was suggested we put some key
points together for the digital cooperation session on Wednesday that could
be used/echoed by those attending. I've copied the draft ones that came out
of our discussion below. If you can add your feedback to the doc by COB
tomorrow that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, feel free to respond to
this thread:

DRAFT KEY POINTS FOR WEDNESDAY SESSION ON DIGITAL COOPERATION

   -

   We had previously sent a letter re: the appointment of the Tech Envoy
   for the TE’s Office stipulating the need for an inclusive selection
   process. Disappointed this was not adhered to, and that the outcome was a
   delay to the mandate holder being able to take office and arguably
   tarnishing of the Office.
   -

   However, a number of us are committed to supporting a meaningfully
   inclusive GDC development by 2023.
   -

   Going forward, need more transparency, including on
   -

      How does the SG see the links between the Global Digital Compact
      (GDC) the role of the TE’s Office and the IGF/other relevant processes?
      -

      What is/will be the role of the TE’s Office with the Global Digital
      Compact?
      -

   Suggest commitment to increased resources/funding for the TE’s Office so
   that it can, if it is going to play a role in the GLobal Digital Compact,
   be meaningfully inclusive of all stakeholders