[Governance] Internet Commons Forum, at IGF

lb lucabelli.net lb at lucabelli.net
Sat Dec 4 09:40:03 EST 2021

Dear all,

In case you are interested, on Monday we will organise the 2021 edition of the Internet Commons Forum, during the IGF Day 0, from 14:45 to 16:45 UTC  http://www.intcomforum.org/

Below a concise description of the event, the line-up, and some logistic info
Please feel free to share this email through your networks!

All the best
Luca

Description
The structures of the Internet affect us more deeply than ever before, reaching out to all aspects of our lives, from our societies and cultures to our finances and politics – to our very individual human behaviours and identities. This event will explore different views of Internet Commons, Digital Commons, and Digital Public Goods, exploring strategies for a less concentrated Internet.
Time
Monday, 6th December, 2021 14:45 - 16:45 UTC)
Add to your IGF Calendar  https://www.intgovforum.org/en/content/igf-2021-day-0-event-58-internet-commons-forum

Agenda
Opening remarks: Luca Belli, FGV, and Adam Burns, Free2Air
Segment one: Evolving Conceptions of Digital Commons

  *   Yu Ping, Office of the UN Secretary-General's Envoy on Technology
  *   Rebecca MacKinnon, Wikimedia Foundation
  *   Renata Avila, Open Knowledge Foundation
  *   Alek Tarkowski, Open Future

Luca Belli, FGV, and Adam Burns, Free2Air, moderate

First Q&A (15 min)

Segment two: Digital Commons and Digital Public Goods.

  *   Lucy Harris, UNICEF / Digital Public Good Alliance
  *   Osama Manzar, Digital Empowerment Foundation
  *   Denis "Jaromil" Roio, Dyne.org

Jane Coffin, ISOC, and Alek Tarkowski, Open Future, moderate

Second Q&A + open debate (15 min)

Concluding remarks: Anriette Esterhuysen, UN IGF MAG Chair

Wrap-up and takeaways: Luca Belli, FGV, and Adam Burns, Free2Air



[http://www.fgv.br/mailing/2018/direito_rio/assinatura/fgv_direito_rio.jpg]

Luca Belli, PhD

Professor | FGV Law Schoool

Coordinator | Center for Technology & Society

[http://www.fgv.br/mailing/2018/direito_rio/assinatura/fgv_tel.jpg]+55 21 3799 5763  t at 1lucabelli<https://twitter.com/1lucabelli>

[http://www.fgv.br/mailing/2018/direito_rio/assinatura/fgv_direito_rio_map.jpg]Praia de Botafogo, 190 13º andar

Botafogo - Rio de Janeiro, RJ - CEP: 22250-900

[http://www.fgv.br/mailing/2018/direito_rio/assinatura/fgv_ass_email.jpg]luca.belli at fgv.br<mailto:luca.belli at fgv.br>

[http://www.fgv.br/mailing/2018/direito_rio/assinatura/fgv_ass_url.jpg]CTS-FGV direitorio.fgv.br/cts<https://direitorio.fgv.br/cts>

[http://www.fgv.br/mailing/2018/direito_rio/assinatura/fgv_ass_url.jpg]cyberBRICS www.cyberbrics.info<http://www.cyberbrics.info/>

[http://www.fgv.br/mailing/2018/direito_rio/assinatura/fgv_ass_url.jpg]CPDP LatAm www.cpdp.lat<http://www.cpdp.lat/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message, as well as any attached document, may contain personal data and information that is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this email or attached documents, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email by mistake.