[Governance] IGC IGF pre-event information: register your interest and participate!

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Mon Sep 14 11:33:16 EDT 2020

Dear all,

With the global IGF approaching, please find below the information for our
pre-event "Civil Society Coordination meeting: a Public Interest Internet
discussion".

https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-pre-event-31-civil-society-coordination-meeting-a-public-interest-internet

It will take place on Tuesday, November 3rd from 15:10-16:40 GMT.

The event is centred around a discussion on the "public interest internet",
and it feeds into a session at the IGF itself entitled "Civil Society
Coordination meeting: a Public Interest Internet discussion
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-pre-event-31-civil-society-coordination-meeting-a-public-interest-internet>".
We have an amazing line-up of speakers for that event, so please do mark it
in your calendars for Friday, 13th November, 2020, 14h to 15h GMT.

Regarding the pre-event, please reply to this thread if you're planning to
come and you'd like to participate. Please also indicate what aspects of
the discussion you're most interested in, and the particular topics you
think should be discussed in relation to the public interest. For example,
what does it mean to promote and protect the public interest at the
different 'layers' of the internet: code, content, infrastructure? What are
the challenges at the moment, and what can be done?

I can then set up a pad to collect views and we can set up a call for those
interested.

Bruna (cc'd) and I really look forward to your participation in what is a
very important discussion!

Best
Sheetal.
--
*Sheetal Kumar*
Senior Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL