[Governance] The #DigitalJustice Conversations @ #IGF2020

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Oct 29 03:43:02 EDT 2020

Dear All

Please find below information regarding the launch of the "Digital New
Deal" compendium, and a panel on global networking for digital justice,
being organised as an IGF prevent  by Just Net Coalition and IT for Change.

Looking forward to your presence! Please feel free to share it within
your networks.

The #DigitalJustice Conversations @ #IGF2020

*The Just Net Coalition and IT for Change invite you to the launch of
the Digital New Deal compendium and more!*

*@ the UN Internet Governance Forum (IGF), 2020*
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/>

*November 3, 2020 *

*09:20 AM - 12:20 PM UTC / 02:50 PM - 05:50 PM IST*
*06:20 AM - 09:20 AM ART / 05:20 PM - 08:20 PM CST*

Join the Just Net Coalition and IT for Change at our IGF pre-event, The
Digital Justice Conversations
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-pre-event-28-the-digital-justice-conversations>,
on November 3 at 9:20 AM UTC (2:50 PM IST). At this year’s virtual IGF,
we are excited to host a 3-part session that brings together a series of
interactive and interesting dialogues on digital justice.

*Part 1: A panel discussion on*
*‘Global Networking for Digital Justice in the New Age’*

09:20 AM - 10:30 AM (UTC) / 02:50 PM – 04:00 PM (IST)

The digital is on the political agenda today, but how can the global
civil society make social and economic rights /vis-à-vis/ the digital a
critical part of this agenda? Attend our opening panel, which kicks off
with these questions and offers directions for the evolving strategy of
the Just Net Coalition.

*Speakers:* Neth Daño, Deborah James, Nandini Chami and Sofía Scasserra

*Session Moderator:* Parminder Jeet Singh

*Part 2: The launch of*
*‘A Digital New Deal: Visions of Justice in a Post-Covid World’*

10:30 AM - 11:30 AM (UTC) / 04:00 PM – 05:00 PM (IST)

Join us for the launch of one of our most ambitious intellectual
undertakings ever —  ‘A Digital New Deal: Visions of Justice in a
Post-Covid World’. This compendium of essays and interviews from leading
global scholars, activists and practitioners takes stock of the digital
realm, and constructs alternatives to current frameworks, pathways and
institutional arrangements. Hear from visionaries and advocates, engaged
in the fight for a fairer world, about their visions of a future where
digital technology is democratically governed and committed to justice.

*Speakers: *Amba Kak, Amber Sinha, Anita Gurumurthy, Anasuya Sengupta,
Christina Colclough, Chee Yoke Ling, Emiliano Treré, François Soulard,
Gianluca Iazzolino, Jun-e Tan, Kate Lappin, Mariana Valente, Neth Daño,
Pu Yan, Richard Hill, Richard Kozul-Wright, Roberto Bissio and more.

*Visit our IGF event page for a detailed list of contributors.*
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-pre-event-28-the-digital-justice-conversations>

*Part 3: Reflections by Prof. Saskia Sassen*
Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology, Columbia University
*followed by an open interaction*

11:30 AM - 12:20 PM (UTC) / 05:00 PM – 05:50 PM (IST)

*How to attend:*

*Register for IGF here*
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/user/register?destination=node/10461>,
then *go to this link*
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-pre-event-28-the-digital-justice-conversations>*and
click on “Add this session to my Schedule”* to get your unique Zoom link
for the session.

Or, *visit **the IGF YouTube page*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk0zf4oI0IsJLh1owvUQSfQ>*,
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk0zf4oI0IsJLh1owvUQSfQ>* where the