[Governance] Useful resource - Internet infrastructure + human rights reading list

Peter Micek peter at accessnow.org
Mon Oct 26 09:16:22 EDT 2020

Thank you, Sheetal. I look forward to taking part in this.

Are people aware that TODAY is the registration deadline for IGF?  I only
just saw this on the main page: https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/

I didn't see any announcements of the deadline, on this list or elsewhere
(including the IGF twitter feed). Can we get IGF to push this back and
publicize it?

Peter

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 9:32 AM Sheetal Kumar via Governance <
governance at lists.igcaucus.org> wrote:

> Dear Ayden, all
>
> Thanks for sharing! This is really useful for our IGC pre-event "Civil
> Society Coordination meeting: a Public Interest Internet discussion"
>
> https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-pre-event-31-civil-society-coordination-meeting-a-public-interest-internet
>

> It will take place on Tuesday, November 3rd from 15:10-16:40 GMT. I have
> already shared more information on another thread " IGC IGF pre-event
> information: register your interest and participate!" and am just about to
> post a suggested format and approach to the event from a member. Please do
> respond there if you want to talk about this important discuss together at
> our IGF pre-event.
>
> Best
> Sheetal
>
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 at 01:17, Ayden FĂ©rdeline via Governance <
> governance at lists.igcaucus.org> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I thought I might share an excellent, new resource that I found.
>>
>> Beatrice Martini has published a reading list of resources which explore
>> the interplay between Internet infrastructure and human rights. This paper
>> includes summaries of each reading, too:
>>

>> https://pacscenter.stanford.edu/publication/internet-infrastructure-and-human-rights-a-reading-list/
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Ayden FĂ©rdeline
>>
>> --

> *Sheetal Kumar*
> Senior Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
> Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
> T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
> PGP ID: E592EFBBEAB1CF31  | PGP Fingerprint: F5D5 114D 173B E9E2 0603
> DD7F E592 EFBB EAB1 CF31|

Peter Micek
General Counsel
Access Now | accessnow.org <http://www.accessnow.org>
<http://rightscon.org>
Pronouns: He/Him
Tel: +1-888-414-0100 x709
PGP: 0xA5BD70B0
Fingerprint: 6CFE 8E9F ED8E 66B8 BE38 EA59 002C EEF5 A5BD 70B0

* Subscribe to the Access Now Express
<https://www.accessnow.org/express>, our weekly newsletter on digital
rights
* Join the RightsCon <https://www.rightscon.org/> community - get
updates via the RightsCon Rundown <https://www.rightscon.org/rundown/>
* *Follow* our evolving programmatic response
<https://www.accessnow.org/issue/covid-19/> to COVID-19 around the
world