[Governance] Acquisition of Afilias by Donuts

Ayden Férdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Fri Nov 20 06:09:33 EST 2020

Thanks Parminder,

On the revolving door point - I have also noticed that many former ICANN execs are now working at companies in the domain name space, and others have pointed this out as well. But I don't see why there would be anything wrong with that unless, for example, they made decisions prior to leaving ICANN purely for the benefit of their post-ICANN careers and against the best interests of the ICANN community. If you (or anyone else) are able to provide verifiable evidence of such, I think there would be considerable media interest in such a story...

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline