[Governance] ISOC Europe chat: Privacy issues in the aftermath of Covid-19

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sun May 10 05:15:32 EDT 2020

I have transcribed this call from last week
https://isoc.live/eu/2020.05.07_Privacy_issues_in_the_aftermath_of_COVID-19.pdf

What I learnt while doing the corrections is that Stefano is talking mainly
about DP-3T aka Decentralized Privacy-Preserving Proximity Tracing
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralized_Privacy-Preserving_Proximity_Tracing>
*,* an open source protocol for distributed contact tracing that has "
influenced
<https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/24/apple-and-google-update-joint-coronavirus-tracing-tech-to-improve-user-privacy-and-developer-flexibility/>"
the Apple / Google joint API
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_/_Apple_contact_tracing_project>.
There is a competing 'centralized' protocol called PEPP-PT aka Pan-European
Privacy-Preserving Proximity Tracing
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-European_Privacy-Preserving_Proximity_Tracing>
that
is not faring so well.