[Governance] WEBCAST TODAY: WSIS 2020 Session 188 – Digital Accessibility in a COVID-19 World

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri Jun 26 04:32:19 EDT 2020

WSIS Forum 2020 is well under way, and the main sessions continue until 24
July (agenda <https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2020/Agenda>). ISOC
A11ySIG put in a request for this session to be streamed. If you see
something else in there you think we should cover, feel free to suggest it
at webcast at isoc.org .

Apparently, as well as real time text, there will be sign language on this
session. I imagine that will be BSL, but we shall see.

ISOC Live posted: "On Friday 26 June 2020 at 10:00-11:00 UTC the Inter
Islamic Network on Information Technology and others host a WSIS Forum 2020
thematic workshop 'Session 188 - Digital Accessibility in a COVID-19
World'. In this session a diverse group of panelists, incl"

[image: livestream]
<http://livestream.com/internetsociety/wsis2020-188>On *Friday
26 June 2020* at *10:00-11:00 UTC* the *Inter Islamic Network on
Information Technology <http://www.init.org.pk/>* and others host a *WSIS
Forum 2020 <https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2020/>* thematic
workshop '*Session
188 - Digital Accessibility in a COVID-19 World
<https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2020/Agenda/Session/188>*'. In this
session a diverse group of panelists, including Persons with Disabilities
from different regions of the world, technologists, and national innovation
system experts, seek to explore the major challenges for accessibility
created by the current pandemic, not just in terms of assistive
technologies, but also access to them. The webcast of this session is
facilitated by the *Internet Society Accessibility Special Interest Group
<https://a11ysig.org>* (A11ySIG).

*PANEL*

   - *Prof. Tim Unwin*, UNESCO Chair in ICT for Development (ICT4D), Royal
   Holloway, University of London
   - *Prof. Dr. Raheel Qamar*, COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI)/
   President INIT
   - *Dr. Tahir Naeem*, COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) /Executive
   Director(INIT)
   - *Julius Sweetland*, Founder and CEO, Opti-Key, UK
   - *Hazma Afridi*, Afridi Brothers Society , UK
   - *Lobna Smida*, Presidential Palace of Tunisia
   - *Shakila Yasmin*, VP, Pakistan Disabled Foundation
   - *Prof. Shahid Ahmed Memon*, Chair, Pakistan Disabled Foundation
   - *Dr. Akber Gardezi*, COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI), Inter Islamic
   Network on Information Technology

*LIVESTREAM http://livestream.com/internetsociety/wsis2020-188
<http://livestream.com/internetsociety/wsis2020-188>*

*PARTICIPATE VIA ZOOM https://bit.ly/3g1yU7a <https://bit.ly/3g1yU7a>*