[Governance] IGC Membership Update from the co-coordinators

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Mon Jul 6 05:25:56 EDT 2020

Dear all

As your co-coordinators, Bruna and I are writing with an update in the
context of the ongoing discussions regarding the UNSG's roadmap on digital
cooperation. <https://www.un.org/en/content/digital-cooperation-roadmap/>

We see this particular point in discussions on 'internet governance' or
digital cooperation as an opportunity for IGC members, both new and old, to
get involved in these discussions. In order to do that, we're announcing a
membership review! This means we will contact everyone who is a member of
the list, and ask if your details are up to date, if you're interested in
discussions regarding the UNSG's roadmap and you want to remain a member.
If, after six weeks from us sending the email, we receive no reply we'll
remove the email from the list. This doesn't remove the option of rejoining
if you want to. We hope this membership review will identify members
interested in participating in these discussions.

A few of us are also working on text to deliver regarding the appointment
of a new Tech Envoy. We also hope the IGC membership will be interested in
shaping the new MAG/future of the MAG proposed in the SG's roadmap by
building a position on what that looks like.

Do let Bruna or I know if you have any questions. We'll be in touch with
you soon!

Best
Sheetal and Bruna.

--

*Sheetal Kumar*
Senior Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL