[governance] 12 Streams #12 Internet Society 2020 Action Plan Community Webinar

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Jan 6 19:04:15 EST 2020

As we finish looking back, our attention turns to the year ahead, the work,
and achievements, to come.

ISOC Live posted: "Today, Monday January 6 2020, at 7pm EST (00:00 UTC) in
the 12th and last installment of the Internet Society Livestreaming‘s ‘12
Days of Streams‘ annual highlights, we feature the Internet Society 2020
Action Plan Special Community Forum on December 11 2"

<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/2020actionplan>Today, *Monday
January 6 2020*, at *7pm EST* (00:00 UTC) in the 12th and last installment
of the *Internet Society Livestreaming <https://isoc.live/>*‘s ‘*12 Days of
Streams <https://isoc.live/tag/12-streams/>*‘ annual highlights, we feature
the *Internet Society 2020 Action Plan Special Community Forum
<http://bit.ly/39Ju4sF>* on December 11 2019. Presenters: *Andrew Sullivan*,
President & CEO; *Rinalia Abdul Rahim*, Senior Vice President of Strategy
and Implementation; *Joseph Lorenzo Hall*, Senior Vice President, Strong
Internet; *Jane Coffin*, Senior Advisor to the CEO, Connectivity &
Infrastructure; were followed by a Q&A moderated by *Joyce Dogniez*, Vice
President Community Engagement and Development. Finally, the *winners
<https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2019/12/celebrating-a-successful-2019-chapterthon/>*
of the *2019 Chapterthon
<https://www.internetsociety.org/grants/chapterthon/2019/>* were announced.

The *2020 Action Plan* <https://www.internetsociety.org/action-plan/2020/>
defines three strategic goals: *Build*, *Promote*, and *Defend*. These are
further broken down into eight projects:
1. Building community networks.
2. Fostering infrastructure and technical communities.
3. Measuring the Internet.
4. Promoting the Internet way of networking.
5. Securing global routing.
6. Extending encryption.
7. Increasing Time Security.
8. Leading by example with open standards and protocols.

*VIEW ON LIVESTREAM: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/2020actionplan
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/2020actionplan>*

*SLIDES: https://isoc.live/isoc/2019-12-11_ISOC_2020_Action_Plan.pdf
<https://isoc.live/isoc/2019-12-11_ISOC_2020_Action_Plan.pdf>*

*VIEW ON YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/NxmObUQtUoQ
<https://youtu.be/NxmObUQtUoQ>*

*TWITTER: #2020actionplan <http://bit.ly/2020ActionPlan>*

https://isoc.live/11680/

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast