[governance] ICANN to Hold First-Ever Remote Public Meeting

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Fri Feb 21 15:45:44 EST 2020

Some of us have wanted this for a long time as it offers the hope of a
more level playing field between those with the funds to travel and those
without.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, Jacob Odame-Baiden wrote:

> Big news indeed and firstly, while my view is that virtual meeting will not completely equal a face-to-face meeting, this
> will serve as a huge test for online/virtual participation which is itself a key topic for IG discussions. Maybe this will
> give a more focused turnaround for that topic.
> Secondly, it is worth noting that the coronavirus outbreak has waded into global digital policy discussions and we are all
> seeing the impact. You can check out Diplo Foundations recent analysis of coronavirus in digital policy context
> here: https://dig.watch/trends/coronavirus-crisis-digital-policy-overview
>
> Best,
> Jacob
>
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, 05:28 Arsène Tungali, <governance at lists.riseup.net> wrote:
>       https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2020-02-19-en
>
> Such a huge decision made by the ICANN Board!
> Eager to hear what you all think here...
> ---
> To unsubscribe: <mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net>

A. Michael Froomkin https://law.tm 305-284-4285 ssrn: bit.ly/1XlTJLz
Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
Editor, Jotwell: The Journal of Things We Like (Lots),  jotwell.com
                         It's nice & cool here