[governance] .ORG sale - ISOC 'secret peace treaty'

Ayden Férdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Wed Feb 19 18:34:41 EST 2020

Dear George,

Thank you for sharing this information.

I did not feel it appropriate for me to forward your messages to this list, as only the document I shared had been made clear was public. But I appreciate you sharing the fuller exchange here for those who are interested in reviewing it.

I understand that you instigated the proposed meeting. I also understand you are a current candidate for the ISOC Board of Trustees, and I believe you have previously served on the Board. And given funding was initially offered for this meeting by either Ethos or ISOC (I am not sure which), you clearly had some kind of behind-the-scenes negotiations with them in order to arrange this. So I think it is fair to say that ISOC was a party to this meeting - they agreed to send representatives, after all - and I have seen no evidence that they objected to the meeting being a closed one. Am I mistaken? Did ISOC want it to be open?

It is still not clear to me how you (or who) chose people to invite to participate in this meeting.

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline