[Governance] WEBCAST TODAY: Universal Design and Social Innovation during the COVID-19 Pandemic @WSISProcess

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri Apr 17 10:33:00 EDT 2020

This happened already. I'm afraid I was late picking up the feed because of
problems accessing Microsoft Teams, WSIS's platform of choice. They had
implemented Teams' integrated AI captions, which were less than
satisfactory, They were awkward to turn on, and only appeared as brief one
line snippets. After a short time you'll see me switch to webcaptioner
<https://webcaptioner.com/> (google translate) and 3 lines. I also noticed
Teams was very slow to switch camera when speaker changes. I have a
suspicion WSIS will be switching to zoom. At least they are trying!
Although I didn't test it but it did appear that the Microsoft AI offered
auto-translation. This is something I am often asked about, and could be a
big +1 for teams.

ISOC Live posted: "Today, Friday 17 April 2020, at 12:00 UTC, the World
Summit on the Information Society Forum 2020 (WSIS+15) presents 'Universal
Design and Social Innovation during the COVID-19 Pandemic'. This panel, one
of the ongoing virtual interactive TalkX series, wi"

[image: livestream] <http://livestream.com/internetsociety/talkx>Today, *Friday
17 April 2020*, at *12:00 UTC*, the *World Summit on the Information
Society Forum 2020 <https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2020/>* (WSIS+15)
presents '*Universal Design and Social Innovation during the COVID-19
Pandemic*'. This panel, one of the ongoing virtual interactive *TalkX
series <https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2020/Home/WSISTalkX>*, will
explore how universal design can ensure that everyone, including socially
disadvantaged communities, can benefit from public health communications
during the COVID-19 crisis. Speakers: *Elise Daaland* — Creative Director,
Global Universal Design Commission Europe; *Michael W. Hodin* — CEO, Global
Coalition on Aging; *Masahito Kawamori* — Rapporteur, ITU-T SG16 Q26, ITU
and Professor, Keio University, Japan. Moderator: *George Anthony
Giannoumis* — Associate Professor, Oslo Metropolitan University.
Participation is via Microsoft Teams, with closed captions available.

*PARTICIPATE: https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2020/Home/WSISTalkX
<https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2020/Home/WSISTalkX>*

*TWITTER: #WSIS https://bit.ly/2XIzSz3 <https://bit.ly/2XIzSz3>*

https://isoc.live/11978/