[governance] REMINDER - [Call for candidates] IGC Co-Coordinators election

ian.peter at ianpeter.com ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Sep 2 18:21:04 EDT 2019

Just a reminder that nominations for co-coordinators of IGC close in a
few days, at 1200UTC on September 5.

Details are below, and self nominations are fine. It is good for IGC
members to know that there are people willing to put in the effort to
help IGC, and in that respect, the more nominations the better!

Shortly after nominations close we will publish a list of those
nominated. Candidates will be asked to confirm their availability if
they have not already done so, and will have the opportunity to provide
an updated 300 word statement to inform voters.

Please give this some thought over the next day or so, your efforts
might make a major difference in helping IGC to be more effective.

Ian Peter

ANNOUNCEMENT MESSAGE

Dear IGC,
Following up on our elections discussions, I would like to kickstart
this process by announcing thatnominations are now open until September
5 for the two vacancies for IGC Co coordinators.

Self nominations, and nomination of others who you feel would be
suitable, are equally encouraged. We advise you to check if a person is
willing to stand before nominating them: however in any case
confirmation by candidates will be necessary by the close of nominations
to confirm their willingness to stand to the mailing list.

Nominations are made by a posting to the IGC Mailing List. Please make
the subject of your posting:

NOMINATION - (name of candidate). And should be accompanied by a 300
word statement which should include full name, country of residence and
origin, work/involvement with IGF/IGC/civil society activities, and
reasons why the person nominated would be a good Co-ordinator for IGC.
If this information is not supplied at the time of nomination, a short
period of time will be made available at the end of the nomination
period to supply this information before voting commences.

The voting process is planned to begin on September 10th, after
nominations have been made and all statements are available. More
information about this process will be made available on list before
that date. Two candidates will be elected – one for a two year term, and
one for a one year term.

The Scrutineers and Returning Officers for the election are Ian Peter
and Tapani Tarvainen. They will be pleased to answer queries on list as
the process develops.

The following information has been shared on this very mailing list
before, but for any further reference, this is our elections timeline:

Nominations - August 22nd until September 5th
Candidates acceptance and Statement submission - September 9th
Voting period -  from 10th to September 23rd
Election results announcement - September 29th
Please nominate now, and before September 5. A strong leadership team is
vital to the success of IGC, and your involvement in this process will
be greatly appreciated.