[governance] Thoughts? IGF's Call for Feedback to the High-Level Panel on ‎Digital Cooperation Report

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Fri Sep 6 12:21:56 EDT 2019

 Dear all,

Is anyone planning to provide an input into the IGF's consultation on the
UN High Level Panel's recommendation 5 and the IGF Plus model? I've
included the call below. Arsene shared it with the list a few weeks ago.

In particular, are there any views among this group on the proposal for a
"Global Commitment for ‎Digital Cooperation" and/or appointment of a Tech
Envoy? Is this something we think as a civil society grouping we could get
behind?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Best
Sheetal.

One of the main sessions at the 14th IGF will be focused on Digital
Cooperation and Internet Governance (scheduled for 26 November, 10:00-13:00
CEST, Main Hall). In preparation for this session, the *Call for Feedback
to the High-Level Panel on **‎**Digital Cooperation Report's Recommendation
5 and the IGF Plus Model is now open*.

Please review carefully the Report, especially the Recommendation 5 and the
IGF Plus Model, and provide your written feedback by 30 September 2019
through the IGF website:
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/report-of-the-un-secretary-general%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%8Ehigh-level-panel-on-digital-cooperation.
All received inputs will be synthesized in a written output document that
will be posted in late October as an input to the above-mentioned main
session during the 14th IGF in Berlin, where we will facilitate online as
well as physical participation.

--

*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL