[governance] IGF 2019 Wiki - getting started!

Mon Oct 21 11:33:27 EDT 2019

Dear everyone, dear Nnenna,

as of today, the IGF Wiki is up and running here:
https://intgovwiki.org/w/index.php/Home

It's still in ints early stages, so bear with us.

This week, we are talking to workshop leads and sending them all necessary
information to get their workshop presented in the most interactive and
sustainable way.

But that not all. We want and need your support. You can contribute by:

   - *Preparing a wiki page for your workshop* to allow your contributors,
   speakers and co-organizers to plan and prepare for a good flow and outcome
   - *Collaborating with other workshop organizers* and the community to
   agree on definitions as well as analysis of the challenges, opportunities,
   options and trade offs in your area of interest.
   - *Contributing to pages on Data Governance, Digital Inclusion and
   Cybersecurity* to allow for more cohesion across workshops in those areas
   - *Helping to prepare Media Briefings* for your workshop and your
   topics. We are working with professors, students and media experts to
   gather information and quotes.

*Get Involved*

*All content on the site is created by community members who volunteered
their expertise to build this for you. You can get involved as well.*

   1. Send us an e-mail at *igf2019-onboarding at isoc-dc.org
   <igf2019-onboarding at isoc-dc.org>*
   2. You will receive an invitation via e-mail to set up your account on
   the IGF wiki.
   3. You will be provided with a digital onboarding to create and
   collaborate with the IGF community on the platform

At this point we are specifically looking for people who have the time to
help us by drafting content for the three key policy areas:

Data Governance <https://intgovwiki.org/w/index.php/Data_Governance>
Digital Inclusion <https://intgovwiki.org/w/index.php/Digital_Inclusion>
Security, Safety, Stability & Resilience
<https://intgovwiki.org/w/index.php/Security,_Safety,_Stability_%26_Resilience>

They are still in draft stage. If you would like to join the Wiki team and
help enrich the policy area descriptions, please get in touch with me.

But already now you can see some valuable primers of how internet
governance works, how our digital identities are constructed and how
information and disinformation are managed - all on the Wiki.

This is an exciting time: We're developing a common and shared knowledge
base of Internet governance - so that we can all ensure the policy options
going ahead are firmly anchored in best practices.

Keep watching the IGF Wiki - there will be new content, including an IGF
Dictionary, a collection of Internet myths which we will debunk and 80
visions on the future of internet governance by key IG movers and shapers
in the coming weeks.

All our best

Matthias and a huge team

Carsten, Ahmet, Max, Elisabeth, David, Daniel, Jost, Markus, Felix, Lorena,
Wolfgang, Matthias, Katharina, Bronwen, Justin

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 4:12 PM Nnenna Nwakanma <governance at lists.riseup.net>
wrote:

> Hello  here.
>
> Just checking on this.  Is the link up already?  Cant seem to find it on
> intgovforum.org
>
> Best
>
> Nnenna
> ---
> To unsubscribe: <mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net>

PD Mag. Dr. Matthias C. Kettemann, LL.M. (Harvard)

Leibniz Institute for Media Research | Hans-Bredow-Institut (HBI)
Head of Research
<https://hans-bredow-institut.de/de/mitarbeiter/matthias-c-kettemann> |
Research Program *Regulatory *
*Structures and the Emergence of Rules in Online Spaces*Rothenbaumchaussee
36 | 20148 Hamburg | Germany

Visiting Professor • Hengstberger Professor for the Foundation and Future
of the Rule of Law
<https://www.jura.uni-heidelberg.de/seibert-fohr/Lehrstuhlvertretung.html>,
Chair of Public Law, International Law and Human Rights (Prof.
Seibert-Fohr), University of Heidelberg
Associated Researcher | Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and
Society (HIIG <https://www.hiig.de/matthias-kettemann/>), Berlin
Associated Researcher | Privacy & Sustainable Computing Lab
<https://privacylab.at/people/>, Vienna University of Economics and Business
Affiliated Researcher | Cluster of Excellence „
<http://www.normativeorders.net/de/organisation/mitarbeiter-a-z/person/442>Normative
Orders
<http://www.normativeorders.net/de/organisation/mitarbeiter-a-z/person/442>”
<http://www.normativeorders.net/de/organisation/mitarbeiter-a-z/person/442>,
University of Frankfurt am Main
Lecturer | Institute of International Law and International Relations
<http://voelkerrecht.uni-graz.at/en/>, University of Graz, Austria

T | +49 (0)40 45 02 17 36
E | matthias.kettemann at gmail.com

--
Latest study: Kettemann, International Rules for Social Media. Safeguarding
human rights, combating disinformation, Global Governance Spotlight 2/2019

Latest book: Wagner/Kettemann/Vieth (eds.), Research Handbook on Human
Rights and Digital Technology
<https://www.e-elgar.com/shop/research-handbook-on-human-rights-and-digital-technology>
(Cheltenham:
Edward Elgar, 2019)

New Working Paper: Kettemann, Die normative Ordnung der Cyber-Sicherheit
<http://publikationen.ub.uni-frankfurt.de/files/48873/Matthias_Kettemann_Cyber-Sicherheit.pdf>:
zum Potenzial von Cyber-Sicherheitsnormen, Normative Orders Working Paper
01/2019

See my research on disinformation
<https://www.sef-bonn.org/en/publications/global-governance-spotlight/22019.html>
, cybersecurity,