[governance] IGF BPF on Local Content - call for contributions

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Sun Oct 20 09:11:04 EDT 2019

Dear Daniel

Someone else also just pointed that out to me that there are errors in
the online form.  The first part of  question 4 was not supposed to be
there. It was part of the call for input for the Gender and Access BPF.
When the Secretariat's tech support people put the call, they must have
used the Gender call as a basis, and then accidentally left in some
parts of the other call's questions.

My apologies. It is confusing.

Question 4 was supposed to just be:

4. Please list examples of how digital technologies and the Internet are
used to promote, preserve and share local culture, history, language,
heritage and content? Please add URLs or other references of these
examples and provide a short description.

Question 5 was supposed to just be:

5. Are there specific policy interventions and recommendations that the
BPF should consider or develop in order to maximise the use of the
Internet and digital technologies to help preserve, promote and share
local language and cultural heritage?

Your point about meaningful is important. It would have been a better
term. I hope you put that in your response.

Thanks

Anriette