[governance] End to End encryption (was: Fwd: FB open letter e2e update...)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Oct 7 10:06:15 EDT 2019

Dear colleagues and friends,

this is to let you know that an open letter initiated by CDT is
currently in the signature stage. I am surprised this discussion hasn't
made it to the IGC mailing list through other channels, especially given
the short notice. Please give this a consideration, that the concept of
"backdoors" provide a malicious actor with a single point of entry, a
weakness in the security systems that secure our privacy and transactions.
Kindest regards,

Olivier
(my own views)