[governance] All Concerned (Re: Public Interest Registry sale by ISOC - .org management sold for profit)

Sun Nov 24 00:41:26 EST 2019

If you are concerned about the sale of PIR by our standardbearers at
ISOC, signs are strong they will now move swiftly.  Discussion that
approached an opening up of discussion with the broader community
about the implications of the sale and how else they might serve the
concern of diversifying their revenue sources, has apparently resulted
in a Board meeting to issue a decision quickly rather than giving us
information regarding how the issue had been raised with the community
thus far as they had seemed to promise.  This was how they responded
to a request from Ian Peter to that effect.

If you are among those concerned or you signed the Savedotorg.org
statement, saying something constructive right now to the Internet
Society will be in order.