[governance] Data Protection in the BRICS

LB at lucabelli.net LB at lucabelli.net
Thu Nov 21 08:57:54 EST 2019

Dear all,

 As the IGF is approaching fast, I would like to invite those who are interested in how Data Protection is evolving in the BRICS countries to our workshop on Value and Regulation of Personal Data in the BRICS, on Wednesday, November 27 from 16:40 to 18:10 https://igf2019.sched.com/event/SU1q/ws-211-value-and-regulation-of-personal-data-in-the-brics

 The long description of the workshop is available here https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2019-ws-211-value-and-regulation-of-personal-data-in-the-brics

 For those who want to have a teaser, below you will find two CyberBRICS video clips we have just released, in the context of last week BRICS Summit, in Brasilia.

 CyberBRICS Talk 1 with Luca Belli, Anja Kovacs, Andrey Shcherbovich and Daniel Opperman
 https://portal.fgv.br/en/cyberbrics-fellows-programme-rio-janeiro-law-school-talk-10

 CyberBRICS Talk 1 with Luca Belli, Min Jiang, Sagwadi Mabunda, Ian Brown
 https://portal.fgv.br/en/cyberbrics-fellows-programme-rio-janeiro-law-school-talk-20

 And here below, a brief article providing an alternative perspective on why BRICS are developing digital sovereignty laws and regulations and why this is closely related with the recent development of data protection frameworks in the BRICS
 BRICS countries to build digital sovereignty
 https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/hri-2/brics-countries-build-digital-sovereignty/

 You may also find some further readings here https://cyberbrics.info/category/publications/

 Best regards
 Luca

Luca Belli, PhD
Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation, FGV Law School, Rio de Janeiro
Chercheur Associé, Centre de Droit Public Comparé, Université Paris 2

www.cyberbrics.info | www.internet-governance.fgv.br

@1lucabelli

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message, as well as any attached document, may contain personal data and information that is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this email or attached documents, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email by mistake.