[governance] New Research Report : Platform Planet: Development in the Intelligence Economy, from IT for Change

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Nov 20 03:41:56 EST 2019

Dear All,

It for Change is happy to share our new report on the platform economy
with all of you. Details in mailer. Please do take a look and consider
sharing widely among your networks.

Best

parminder

New Research Report : Platform Planet: Development in the Intelligence
Economy, from IT for Change

Platform Planet: Development in the Intelligence Economy

<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=b0355c67f5&e=51ac4ae30b>

Greetings from IT for Change
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=fd2b05e552&e=51ac4ae30b>,

Whether in mainstream popular discourse or research, ‘the platform turn’
in economic organization has garnered widespread attention. Once buoyant
discourses that celebrated ‘innovation’, ‘opportunity’ and ‘disruption’
brought forth by the platform model today jostle with equally concerned
echoes around the ‘Amazonification’ of the economy. The past few years
have been witness to the rise and rise of tech monopolies and a no-holds
barred expansion of the digital into the everyday.

On the one hand global currents of platformization have resulted in
adverse terms of market engagement for smaller or less powerful players
and real-world outcomes for local development. On the other,
institutions have struggled to respond to the public policy making
imperative in relation to the platform economy.

We are pleased to announce the release of our new report, ‘Platform
Planet: Development in the Intelligence Economy’
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=ba574413ac&e=51ac4ae30b>
that synthesizes findings from a two year multi-country, cross-sectoral
research program led by IT for Change.

Our report analyzes and shows how platforms – as network-data
architectures that orchestrate production and exchange – restructure
socio-economic relations. Proceeding from an analysis of production
systems and value creation, the report traces the transformation from
size-scale to intelligence-scale economies and the undisputed rise of
data as the new resource over which a planetary struggle for power emerges.

We invite you to read our report
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=b0c8cf3e85&e=51ac4ae30b>
and delve into the many insights that have come from this project or
take a look at our executive summary
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=3efe1e7b6e&e=51ac4ae30b>
for a quick snapshot of findings. Please consider sharing and
circulating widely among your networks.

Additionally, we will be sharing more outputs including policy briefs,
case studies and policy overviews over the next few weeks. Traversing
different domains, geographies and political-economic contexts from
across 14 sites, these outputs capture a deep-dive exploration of the
platformization phenomenon. Be on the lookout
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=12dbf0a51c&e=51ac4ae30b>for
more exciting updates from our end.

Facebook
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=9af5ee012d&e=51ac4ae30b>

Twitter
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=c7ddf07814&e=51ac4ae30b>

Website
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=d43711d7b7&e=51ac4ae30b>

<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=0baf86d91a&e=51ac4ae30b>

*Our mailing address is:*
# 393, 17th Main Road, 35th Cross, Jayanagar 4th 'T' Block, Bangalore,
Karnataka - 560041.

You can update your preferences
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=d88a62d96d&e=51ac4ae30b>
or unsubscribe from this list