[governance] PIR Case/or the .org sell

Sat Nov 30 08:17:46 EST 2019

Hi all,

Please see my comments below (inline)...

Le samedi 30 novembre 2019, Sheetal Kumar <sheetal at gp-digital.org> a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> What do people think about sending a letter to the ICANN Board with a
> series of questions in order to get more transparency? Bruna and I
> discussed this, and chatted to others, and are wondering what you think of
> this approach. As the Board will meet and discuss the sale as part of a due
> diligence process, we thought it might be a constructive approach to
> request they consider and answer certain questions.

Dear Sheetal,
Thanks for this proposal.
I see it really prudent, and i wonder if this Caucus have took the same
approach when the
CGC had decided to write an open letter to an InternetSociety.ORG's country
chapter. [1]
__
[1]: <https://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/governance/2019-11/msg00068.html>

However, please consider the following elements :

•—
• ask to ICANN Board about the formal & recommended procedure to oppose
(if applicable) the sale of the Public Interest Registy
• ask the procedure to follow if the community want to manage the .ORG & co
registry
via a commons PIR (cPIR) non-profit Org (*ToBeCreated*)
• add some clear usefull advices to ICANN Board (*including something about
a *
*commitment to help the non-commercial community to have the cPIR as a
future *
*.ORG registry*)
• mention the <https://savedotorg.org> initiative somewhere
• add the CGC's position or a clear statement of support to the
non-commercial
community
• add a timeline of upcoming actions to anticipate the ICANN's answer
• also write to ISOC's BoT/CEO ?
•—

It would be great to hear your views on this approach and on the questions.
> See below:

...please see above ;-)

Thanks

Shalom,