[governance] Christchurch Call, Join online meetings for civil society and technical community

Tue May 7 17:23:11 EDT 2019

Anyone from civil or tech community who wants to participate in discussions
about Christchurch call  can join the Christchurch coordination space at:
https://christchurchcallcoord.internetnz.nz/

I have copy pasted the agenda for tomorrow's meeting.

Agenda of the first call (8 May - 11 AM UTC)

   - Introduction: what is going on, why is Christchurch call happening,
   who is involved and why is it important to participate
   - Briefing on the timeline
   - Shortcomings of the process and how to overcome them
   - How are we coordinating to include technical and civil soc voices in
   the call? (NZ online forum - The google doc for statement)
   - Goals: Perspectives and voices of our communities be heard, through a
   joint statement, documenting our opinions if a statement cannot be reached
   etc
   - Substantive issues

Discussing the statement

   - Should we include our concerns with the process of issuing the pledge?
   - We don’t know the pledge content but Prime Minister Ardern in her
   announcement stated that the pledge will be to eliminate terrorist, violent
   extremist content online.
   - Considering Ardern’s goal, what are the questions we need to answer
   about online terrorist content moderation in the civil soc/ tech community
   joint statement? What topics come to mind?

Farzaneh