[governance] IGF 2019 Workshop Evaluation process

Wed May 8 09:27:32 EDT 2019

On Wed, May 8, 2019, 6:42 PM Arsène Tungali <governance at lists.riseup.net>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just wanted to throw this outta here.
>
> At the MAG, we are evaluating workshop proposals (the initial phase)
> and this goes until  May 12th. This is a tough job!
>
> I remember last year, there were a lot of unhappy people based on the
> results of the evaluation. What did the MAG do wrong last year?
>
> Can you share what were some of the frustrations that came out of the
> process last year? I know it might be late (or maybe not?) but if we
> can quickly discuss here, I am happy to consider some of your inputs
> and share to fellow MAG members.

Marginal errors in workshop evaluation
are unavoidable. But the MAG could ensure that there is no orchestrated
bias in the process towards or against a certain school of thought.

Sivasubramanian M