[governance] IGF MAG Chair

Fri Jun 28 08:25:50 EDT 2019

Certainly, you are a great candidate Anriette. Thanks for letting us know.
Though nominating a great candidate does not lessen the Civil Soc
individuals on MAG responsibility to let us know what processes they used
and how open and transparent they were. Just because the processes are
happening at the UN doesn't legitimize the lack of transparency and
top-down approach. MAG is actually there to consult with the community and
not to bring forward their own individual agenda. Otherwise, why would we
even need them and why hold so many public consultations? The holy UN could
select the sessions.

De those are great questions. If we are informed and we don't act upon them
our loss. But if we don't know what is going on then there is no way for us
to react. And I can't find a simple link on IGF website on MAG Chair
appointment. We have MAG members there to lessen the transaction costs of
participation. Had Arsene not told us, in the beginning, we would have not
even known about this to argue over it.

Farzaneh