[governance] WEBCAST TODAY: What the Loss of Net Neutrality Means for Democracy and Innovation

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Jun 19 16:34:38 EDT 2019

Webcast Wednesday continues with a resteam of another one that you might
have missed. Net Neutrality's Not Dead! Or not if these folks have their
way.

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/cis-nn>Today *Wednesday
June 19 2019* at *5pm EDT* (21:00 UTC) the* Internet Society Livestream
Channel <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/>* will webcast *What the
Loss of Net Neutrality Means for Democracy and Innovation
<http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/events/what-loss-net-neutrality-means-democracy-and-innovation>*
-
a panel at *Stanford Law School's Center for Internet and Society
<http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/>* on May 30. In 2017, the FCC voted to
abolish net neutrality protections, which ensure that we, not the companies
we pay to get online, get to choose what we do online. This event explored
what we lost, why it matters, and what’s happening with efforts to restore
those protections in the courts, the states and Washington, D.C. Speakers
include Congresswoman *Anna Eshoo* , FCC Commissioner *Jessica Rosenworcel*,
Reddit CEO *Steve Huffman*, and net neutrality expert Stanford Law
Professor *Barbara van Schewick*.

*VIEW ON LIVESTREAM: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/cis-nn
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/cis-nn>*

*VIEW ON YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/EBi45Qsb3ZE
<https://youtu.be/EBi45Qsb3ZE>*

*TWITTER: @StanfordCIS #NetNeutrality http://bit.ly/2ZwOnDV
<http://bit.ly/2ZwOnDV>*

*REVIEW:*
*https://www.wired.com/story/why-net-neutrality-advocates-remain-optimistic/
<https://www.wired.com/story/why-net-neutrality-advocates-remain-optimistic/>*

https://isoc.live/11158/

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast