[governance] Reviving IGC: Merging Bestbits in, IGF Day zero event and other subjects

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jul 19 00:04:26 EDT 2019

There is going to be no fancy 'leadership group'

No one has mentioned its need, justification, etc.

I dont mind Arsene and Bruno to continue till elections, and they should.

Sala, you were the greatest proponent for early even intimidate
elections. Now, you agree with Ian below that no "immediate coco
election" "seems to be he most supported option"? Anyway...

If elections are due, they should take place.

If they are postponed, clear reasons may be described and action be
taken as per.... Charter amendment is out from such a list of reasons...
Website work is independent and nothing to do with elections (although
remember IGC was never much about a great website, it needs to first
gets its 'substance' right which is nearly at about 'zero' right now,
but new things are always welcome, pl go ahead. But let not the website
volunteer list become anything else meanwhile).

Are elections therefore being postponed bec BB members (that are not
already in the IGC) need to be able to get to vote  (although no one has
really explained why that such a tearing hurry to vote for what everyone
agrees is likely a pretty small number, but anyway)?  Pl be clear and
specific in response -- both, the cocos, and those from BB who know
about this matter. election postponement is a big thing.  Thanks.

Let us clearly be told why elections are being postponed... If the above
BB issue, then we want clarity on; is BB closure and folding into the
IGC decided, when would the non IGC members enrol in the IGC, any time
lines etc for that..

That alone is the clear issue in front of us, related to coco elections.
So please convey clarity to the IGC membership asap on this matter, and
I request cocos special attention to this

Thanks and regards

parminder