[governance] Reviving IGC: Merging Bestbits in, IGF Day zero event and other subjects

Wed Jul 17 15:28:18 EDT 2019

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your reply! If at my email it sounded as if im
questioning the need for elections, let me be clear: I am not against it
and happen to think its past overdue. Last IGC elections were conducted in
2017 and I agree with everyone who highlighted that we should have done it
already instead of allowing for one of the Co-Coordinators term to expire.
But at the same time, the list was facing some other issues related to
website, server and so on. So I take part of the fault for not kickstarting
elections before.

The concern here is the timing of it and if whether or not we are giving it
a little time for new members to be able to vote. I think both sides have
very good arguments and it would be great if we could discuss it more
openly either here or at the call.

Best,
Bruna Santos