[governance] Need to work towards improving the charter (was Re: Procedural rules for amendment of the charter)

ian.peter at ianpeter.com ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sat Jul 27 16:55:55 EDT 2019

Hi Becky,

I was hoping someone else would answer your query, and the similar one
raised by Chris Prince under another subject. But seeing there have been
no replies:

Anyone can join the mailing list (I think thats a good thing). But to
vote and thereby become a member, you have to self identify as civil
society during the voting process.

There is no clear definition here, and I wouldnt want to try and create
one, as many of us are hybrids but choose to identify with civil
society.

Should any problem arise because of someone falsely identifying, I
believe the coordinators have enough power to deal with it on a case by
case basis - and if someone is not happy with their judgement then an
appeals process can be undertaken.

There is a lot of relevant copy in the Charter and other information on
www.igcaucus.org - but I don't think a clear answer to the questions!

Ian Peter