[governance] Go Live - IGC New Website Launch Announcement

Thu Jul 25 08:54:48 EDT 2019

 Thanks Arsène, for your comments and concerns.
 >Is there a process of approving (vetting or so) new members before they can be added to the mailing list?
Membership subscription is just added on the membership page, as alternative to the previously referred page of registration. Assuming that the subscription request will go through approval. If it is not activated, may be arranged through the List administrator. Thanking you for pointing out, I have removed it for a while until the User Registration Page is developed and uploaded.

Best Regards
Imran Ahmed Shah
    On Thursday, 25 July 2019, 17:25:20 GMT+5, Arsène Tungali <arsenebaguma at gmail.com> wrote:

 Good job, team! Thank you very much for bringing our website back online.

Is there a process of approving (vetting or so) new members before
they can be added to the mailing list? I do remember in the past Co co
were the ones approving new member's requests, I am hoping we can keep
it that way. It is said on this link
(https://igcaucus.org/membership/) that anyone who sends an email to
governance-subscribe at lists.riseup.net will be subscribed.

Did you set it up so that this request goes to the Co-cos first? And
then have them approve the request before the member is added to the
mailing list?

Just thinking out loud so will appreciate any leads on this to confirm
my thinking.

--
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*

2015 Mandela Washington Fellow