[governance] Reviving IGC: Merging Bestbits in, IGF Day zero event and other subjects

Tue Jul 16 22:02:59 EDT 2019

Dear IGC members,

As some of you might be aware, there has been some discussions around the
merger of BestBits and IGC going on for the past months.

Back in Tunis, @RightsCon <rightscon at accessnow.org>, some of us convened to
discuss further steps for Civil Society Coordination and that also entailed
the merger debate. The summary of the discussion, as well as the decision
on closing BestBits can all be found at the BestBits list
<http://lists.bestbits.net/arc/bestbits/2019-07/msg00001.html>.

Past this moment, theres a need to arrange a call to discuss our next
steps, including a Day Zero Event at the IGF, later in November. Another
agenda items are also reviving the IGC website, IGC co-coordinators
elections and our charter. Additionally to IGC related subjects, there is
also the need to discuss a proper closure for BestBits, as well as proper
outreach in a transparent way and the possibility for members to join IGC.

For this reason, @Sheetal Kumar <sheetal at gp-digital.org> created this
doodle for all interested members to indicate their availability for the
call: https://doodle.com/poll/fy4mgf68qehhhh26
<https://doodle.com/poll/fy4mgf68qehhhh26>

Best Regards,

--