[governance] WEBCAST TODAY: Digital Rights for Citizens – Free Online Course Launch #digirights

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Jan 17 08:57:22 EST 2019

Many Europeans know about the GDPR, but not so many know how to assert
their rights under the regulation. ISOC Finland and Open Knowledge Finland
mean to fix that. This is a restream of their launch event on Tuesday Also
check out the MyData declaration. <https://mydata.org/declaration/>

[image: digirights.png]

 The *Digital Rights for Citizens online course <https://digirights.info/>* was
launched on *January 15th 2019 and was* live-streamed from *Eurooppasali
<https://www.facebook.com/pg/eurooppasali/>* in Helsinki, Finland.
Today,* Thursday
January 17 2019*, at *14:00 UTC* (9am ET)an edited version will be
restreamed.

*VIEW THE LIVESTREAM https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/digirights
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/digirights>*

During the course, hosted by* Open Knowledge Finland (OKF)
<https://fi.okfn.org/>*, and *funded by the Internet Society
<https://www.internetsociety.org/beyond-the-net>* (ISOC) and the Finnish
Foreign Ministry <https://um.fi/>, students will learn about their new
digital rights after the European Union’s *General Data Protection
Regulation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation>* (GDPR)
came in to force on the 25th of May 2018, answering such questions as
– How can I stop irrelevant telemarketing?
– Why and how do companies use my Loyalty Card data?
– How can I find information on how organizations use my data?
– What benefits could I receive if I was able to receive my data?
– What would a society look like where I would be able to transfer MyData
as needed?

*Join us and learn concrete steps to make GDPR work for you! Know your
rights and how to use them!*

4 hosted webinars will be held on Tuesdays *22nd Jan*, *29th Jan*, *5th Feb*
 and *12th Feb*. Language will be both in English and in Finnish.

*ENROLL FOR THE COURSE HERE: https://digirights.info/enroll-now/
<https://digirights.info/enroll-now/>*

*INTRODUCTION*
https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2018/03/dawn-new-digital-rights-finnish-citizens/

*OKP FINLAND MYDATA PROJECT*
https://mydata.org/

*FACEBOOK EVENT*: https://www.facebook.com/events/2212888502311686/

*TWITTER*: #digirights https://bit.ly/digirights

https://isoc.live/10841/

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast