[governance] WEBCAST TODAY: OpenGov and CivicTech Online Conference

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Feb 21 12:31:07 EST 2019

Just starting. Qiqochat is something I have long suggested to the IGF-USA
and other conveners as some thing that might be used to get around travel
limitations. Essentially there is a lobby, which is a webpage + zoom call,
and a bunch of "tables" which are also zoom calls. Each table has an
associated etherpad.  If you are in the lobby you can see who is at each
table, and jump from one to another. I'm going to cherry pick a few
sessions for the livestream. Hopefully a few more will be recorded and I'll
restream them later. Actual participation does cost $3, since it uses the
zoom api, which is not free.

[image: livestream]Today, *Thursday February 21 2019*, from *12:30pm-3:30pm
ET* (17:30-20:30 UTC) the *2019 OpenGov and CivicTech Online Conference
<https://qiqochat.com/e/civictech>* is convened – a multitrack event with
the theme: “*What are the challenges and opportunities you see in civic
tech and/or opengov in 2019?*“. Based on the *QiqoChat
<https://qiqochat.com/> *platform (“Quality In, Quality Out” ) this
fast-moving conference utilizes a number of P2P communication tools such as
Zoom, Slack, Etherpad, Google Drive and more. Attendees easily move between
virtual ‘tables’ to participate. Portions of the event will be webcast live
on the *Internet Society Livestream Channel
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety>.*

*View on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/civictechlive
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/civictechlive>*
*Agenda: https://bit.ly/ogctlive <https://bit.ly/ogctlive>*
*Participate: https://qiqochat.com/e/civictech
<https://qiqochat.com/e/civictech>*
*TWITTER: #civictechlive https://bit.ly/civictechlive
<https://bit.ly/civictechlive>*

https://isoc.live/10913/

-

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast