[governance] Good faith at ISOC & comment on IGF

Mon Dec 2 05:30:11 EST 2019

Hi all,

Le samedi 30 novembre 2019, Dave Burstein <daveb at dslprime.com> a écrit :

> Folks
>
> I know many of the board members at ISOC. I've been one of the most
> skeptical of the deal, which clearly causes some important harm. That said,
> I have written they are honorable and not corrupt.
>
> When the $1.135B figure was (finally) released, I write the below,
> including "If I were on the board, I might have voted for the deal."

Dear Dave,

Trust me : i would have not vote for this 'big deal' and i would have not
probably be
alone ; because one of this actual BoT have refrained to participate to the
whole
discussion. I have not seen anywhere a mention of CoI (Conflict of
Interest) to justify...

...a simplest word to describe the situation around this 'big deal' is :
'apostasy'

Look, some of us have seen a 'Trust Anchor' break, day after day, and even
if you are
now convinced (that is your rights) by this number above, do you think that
others
SHOULD/MUST reach to the same conclusion while considering the same *now*
reaveled new information ?

...if it was me, i would have wanted to have that information earlier, to
not have to
waste my energy in strongly opposition to a 'fantastic' (FotI) Future of
the Internet
(Society ?). I may be wrong, though :-/

> Reasonable people *might* decide that $1B+ for an organization committed
> to the Internet for everybody is enough to balance the harms we've
> discussed.

...i observe that : 'reasonable' seems to be a questionable word finally !

Questions :
•—
• Is it about $B ?
• Is it about money ?
• MUST i be convinced by the volume of the money proposed to me ?
• MUST i consider the rights of the existing non-commercial Internet
community or *only* those of the same type of community but not yet
connected to the Internet ?
• MUST i consider the rights of the poorest (*i'm proudly one of them *
*and i have a .ORG domain down and want to renew*) Internet users or
*only* those of the *Future* poorest Internet users ?
•—

I'm sending this here because I'm sure most of the people on this list are
> likewise honorable, even if I think their positions wrong.

...probably, but not sure that it's for the same side i expect to hear that
conclusion.

> There are crooks in this world, including many US Congressmen, but very
> few of them bother with this list or the ISOC board.

...why not everywhere, including this list and the mentioned Board ?
In what this IGC mailinglist or that Board are differents ?

Thanks for your email.

Happy & Blessed week !

Shalom,
--sb.

[...]

Best Regards !
baya.sylvain [AT cmNOG DOT cm] | <https://www.cmnog.cm> | <
https://survey.cmnog.cm>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|‪#‎Romains15‬:33«*Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec
vous tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!*»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«*Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!*» (#Psaumes42:2)