[governance] Message of condolence on the passing of Imran Ahmed Shah

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Fri Dec 20 10:40:34 EST 2019

Dear family and loved ones of Imran Ahmed Shah,

We are writing to express our deepest condolences on the passing of Imran
Ahmed Shah. Imran was a very respected and well-loved member of our
network, the Internet Governance Caucus (IGC), a global network of civil
society organisations whose mission to provide a forum for discussion,
advocacy, action, and for representation of civil society contributions in
Internet governance processes.

He worked tirelessly to support the smooth running of the network, and was
always willing to help. In particular, he played an integral role in the
recent revival of the network with his significant support and commitment
to the technical team. His efforts in Pakistan, to grow and nurture the
internet governance community, were also appreciated by many.

Although many of us did not have the fortune to meet Imran in person, we
consider ourselves very fortunate to have known Imran and to have had the
opportunity to work with him.

He will be missed by us, and we wish you strength during this time. May his
soul rest in peace.

Members of the Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)*

**Please find more information about the IGC here: https://igcaucus.org/
<https://igcaucus.org/>*
--

*Sheetal Kumar*
Senior Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL