[governance] Proposed statement on .ORG sale

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Mon Dec 9 17:11:27 EST 2019

On December 8, 2019 at 18:08 icggov at johnlevine.com (John Levine) wrote:

 > There's been a great deal of noise on this list but I would be
 > surprised if everyone who's ever posted had as many as 1000 .org
 > registrations toal. That's 0.01% of the total.

There are some of us who might question why anyone should have 1,000
.ORG registrations.

But let's be honest, the whole TLD biz is just an income-maximizing
effort (ok with a handful of exceptions) end of story full stop.

Any resemblence to providing a legal or useful taxonomy is purely
coincidental.

 > By the way, do you have any .org registrations?  I checked and I have
 > two, both of which have been sitting inactive autorenewing for 20
 > years.  I must be .org's favorite kind of customer.

Full Disclosure: I do own OHSHIT.ORG

 > R's,
 > John
 > ---