[governance] Overdue IGC Co-coordinator Elections and Request for Update on Website/ Was Re: Who are the IGC Co-coordinators?

ian.peter at ianpeter.com ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Aug 12 00:35:42 EDT 2019

Hi Bruna,

I agree with all the points you raise as regards

1. asap
2. elect 2 cocos
3. one one year term, one 2 year term

As regards voting etc -

the process outlined in the charter is that everyone who has been on the
mailing list for 2 months gets an invitation to vote - so that's easy to
organise and nothing to discuss really. Everyone as part of the process
then needs to affirm they are civil society in the process of lodging a
vote, and that process of voting makes them a member.

So it's pretty simple really and nothing much we need to do to prepare.
I am confident the tech team can look after the logistics, and I am
happy to assist and make sure the process, voting etc is credible.

My suggestion is you appoint two scrutineers to manage the voting
process, announce results etc. They of course should not be candidates.
I am happy to be one of those scrutineeers.

Happy to discuss more detailed logistics suggestions witth you off list.

Ian Peter