[governance] IGC Submissions to UN Human Rights Council Feb 2020

Sun Aug 4 20:49:16 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The recent discussions on the drafting of Huan Qi which caused some to
raise the need to raise the geopolitical violations naturally within that
statement, got me to thinking that perhaps we should consider drafting a
separate submission for the UN Human Rights Council meeting scheduled to
take place in February, 2020.

Given that we are free to make submissions pertaining to those Human rights
concerns related to the internet, it may be worthwhile considering making a
general submission with a wider focus. This is inspired by Norbert's
suggestion of expanding focus of the Huan Qi statement which I think we
should keep separate but I defer to the wider community. The oral
submissions would probably be a 3 to 5 min intervention from the floor.

If this is something of interest, then we can work towards it.

Sala