[governance] [bestbits] A Day0 proposal, tentatively submitted as individual by submission deadline.

Tue Apr 16 09:59:36 EDT 2019

Dear Sheetal,

It was almost midnight, a minute or two before the deadline, when I wrote
as an individual (without having time to bring it up at Bestbits or IGC)
and proposed a Civil Society Day0 event, which is the same as the event you
have proposed, except that instead of a meeting of 30 participants, it says
300 participants, makes an overture for funding / funding assistance from
the IGF.

There are some suggestions on this list that we could work on the
proposal(s) in a shared document. I have opened a Google Document, and for
a start, copied and pasted both proposals and sharing it with both the
lists,  I hope this is alright.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QQQNFq7C6WhsAQlCxxAlr8X7QR07sBphudabE-LqRGI/edit?usp=sharing

As someone suggested, it is good to have more than one proposal with the
IGF for better chances of approval for at least one of the event. In the
meantime, among the CS participants, some work could be done on the
document to expand the proposal, to discuss the event theme, size of
participation, and to draw up an outreach and other efforts required

Will also sharing the workshop proposal on the CS theme on the relevant
thread.

Thank you.

Sivasubramanian M <https://www.facebook.com/sivasubramanian.muthusamy>
twitter.com/shivaindia