[governance] IGF BPF on IoT, Big Data and AI Virtual Meeting Today, 15 April 12:00 UTC
Alex Comninos (via governance Mailing List)
governance at lists.riseup.net
Sun Apr 14 20:41:29 EDT 2019
Apologies for cross-posting:
I would like to urge you all to take part in the Internet Governance Forum (AI) Best Practice Forum (BPF) on AI, Big Data and Internet of Things Virtual Meeting (webinar) today the 15th of April at 12:00 UTC.
The Virtual Meeting link is https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/j.php?MTID=m8018d13f801dfcb5ef0ce3eb64d18ef9
We would love to multistakeholderise participation from diverse communities outside of the traditional IGF community.
If you have no ideas what a BPF is or what the IGF is - thats completely understandable, and we aim to rectify that!
More info can be found here https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/bpf-internet-of-things-iot-big-data-and-artificial-intelligence-ai
The 2019 edition of the Best Practice Forum on IoT, Big Data and AI will focus on trust in these concepts and their utilization for addressing identified societal challenges.
Within the IGF’s remit, the BPF intends to continue to limit its scope to the growing area where IoT, Big Data and AI meet in an Internet context. Building on this BPF’s 2018 work as a starting point, the BPF proposes for 2019 to:
* Challenge and review the identified best practices and complete the report with concrete and practical examples. (e.g. in the field of healthcare, environmental protection, e-commerce, public safety, cybersecurity, and infrastructure;
* Identify existing and new ways to enhance trust in IoT, Big Data, AI applications and technologies in an Internet context;
* Identify how AI can affect outcomes both in terms of social justice and in terms of the allocation of societal resources;
* Identify how AI can complement or pose challenges to privacy and data protection as well as transparency and good governance;
* Identify how IoT, Big Data, AI can contribute to achieving the UN SDGs and
* Identify the impact on policies and regulations, including policy making processes of the application of IoT, Big Data, AI applications.
The Virtual Meeting will require WebEX software which can be downloaded at https://www.webex.com/downloads.html. It should work on all Desktops (Mac, Windows, and Linux with some luck) as well as on mobile phones. One should also be able to phone into the meeting with a phone and the info provided here: https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/j.php?MTID=m8018d13f801dfcb5ef0ce3eb64d18ef9.
If any of you have any questions about what the IGF is, what BPFs are, or how to use WebEx, please do not hesitate to contact me.
More information about the Governance