[governance] Fwd: Civil Society in Internet Governance : Road to WSIS+20

Mon Nov 26 21:19:05 EST 2018

Thanks Bruna.

I think we really need to be action oriented here. Issuing statements  does
not really yield any result if we dont  have a plan, agreed set of tasks,
agreed set if values which we can strategize upon. We need to identify
important IG events coordinate and discuss what we want to do, which values
we want to bring and what our message is. It does not matter if our
messages are conflicting. It matters to be present.
Of course big civil society organizations are not going to pay attention
when we are too chotic and haphazard in action or missing in action. We
need to re start coordinating among ourselves. A call every three months, a
briefing email every month, will get us back on track.

If Friday this week is not feasible we can have the meeting Friday next
week. It’s important to have regular exchanges either on this list or
during online meetings. Im not really trying to create a collective again I
love individuality, but would be good to coordinate among ourselves and
know what we are up to, what events are going on and debate issues until
the next IGF or important  IG event.

Out of curiosity, who are actually members of CSCG?

--
Farzaneh