[governance] WEBCAST TODAY: UK Internet Governance Forum #UKIGF18

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Nov 22 09:25:36 EST 2018

Thanks for publicising this, Joly. I think the differentiating factor
from Margot James MP was that she insisted on the fact that the UK will
contribute to the dialogue suggested by President Macron through
advocating dialogue with all stakeholders - emphasizing the need for
*all* stakeholders, a multistakeholder dialogue contrasting with the
calls we have heard for multilateralism.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 22/11/2018 10:48, Joly MacFie wrote:
> Under way. I am running AI captions on the stream, but please tolerate
> (occasionally amusing)  errors due to struggles with the UK accents.
> As keynoter Kari Lawler so accurately pointed out in her speech, AI is
> only as good as the data it is trained on! In another opening keynote
> Minister James echoed Macron's remarks at last week's IGF, promising
> increased government regulation ---  while still protecting
> innovation, and recognizing and supporting the MS model.
>
> <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/DigitalCooperation>
>
> <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/coppaat20>
>
> <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/CITIDFS-ICO>
>
> <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/ConnectedNE>
>
> livestream
> <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/ukigf18>Today, *Thursday
> November 22 2018*, the *UK Internet Governance Forum
> <https://ukigf.org.uk/events/2018-events>* (UKIGF18) is convened in
> London. This year’s theme is *Solutions for The Digital Age*. Guest
> speakers include *Kari Lawler*, one of the UK’s youngest female tech
> entrepreneurs, *Margot James MP*, Minister of State for the Department
> for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, *Desiree Miloshevic*, Internet
> Society Trustee, and *Olivier Crepin-Leblond*, Chair of the Internet
> Society UK Chapter. The event will be webcast live on the *Internet
> Society Livestream Channel <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/>*.
> London is on UTC = 5 hours ahead of NYC.
>
> *View on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/ukigf18
> Agenda: https://ukigf.org.uk/events/2018-events/
> Twitter: #UKIGF18 http://bit.ly/ukigf18*
>

> **