[governance] Should the IGF be reformed?

Wed Mar 21 00:26:06 EDT 2018

Remote participation needs to become a real and appealing thing for the IGF
to become relevant.

I have not taken part in IGFs since Bali due to geographical and financial
constraints.

RP is always far in the background with almost no participants. It's also
really hard to actually get that terrible Cisco software working on
anything but a windows PC.

I did do some serious RP for the Mexico IGF. It could be a very powerful
tool. One can easily monitor many sessions. Also one tends to be less
distracted by schmoozing and travel fatigue.

The IGF has failed to communicate to the average netizen that it exists,
what it is, and that we are all stakeholders.