[governance] WEBCAST TODAY: [Briefing] Internet governance in May 2018

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sun Jun 10 02:51:59 EDT 2018

 May was in fact such a busy month that we never did catch up with the
GIP's April IG briefing on the Livestream channel! Happy to say we are back
on track. Also please note that the Dig.Watch team have been doing their
usual excellent job of reporting at EuroDIG -
https://dig.watch/events/eurodig-2018

​​

[image: livestream] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/gipdw0518>On
the last Tuesday of every month, the *Geneva Internet Platform (GIP)
Digital Watch <https://dig.watch/>* Internet governance briefings provide a
‘zoomed-out’ update of the major global IG and digital policy developments.
Today, *Sunday June 10 2018* at *Noon EDT* (16:00 UTC) the *Internet
Society Livestream Channe*l
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/gipdw0518> will present an edited
version of last month’s update. May was a much-anticipated month, as the
EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect, triggering
an eleventh hour rush to update privacy policies and to bring e-marketing
practices in line. Beyond the GDPR, Facebook’s CEO testified before the
European Parliament, drawing mixed reactions.

*View on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/gipdw0518
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/gipdw0518>* (no captions)

*Presenter*:
Jovan Kurbalija – Founding Director, DiploFoundation

*Regional Updates* – introduced by Stephanie Borg Psaila
Shita Laksmi – Asia Pacific
Wanda Perez – Caribbean
Luca Belli – Latin America

*Read more: https://dig.watch/newsletter/may2018
<https://dig.watch/newsletter/may2018>*

*Twitter: #theGIP http://bit.ly/theGIP <http://bit.ly/theGIP>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10292#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10292#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10292

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast