[governance] Secretary-General Appoints High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation

Fri Jul 13 11:14:20 EDT 2018

Thanks for sharing Arsene. I hope they can come up with a substantial
policy document that would have a broader view of the underlying factors
that contributes to digital cooperation.

Regards

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Arsène Tungali <governance at lists.riseup.net
> wrote:

> FYI:
>
> https://www.un.org/press/en/2018/sga1817.doc.htm
>
> The Panel is expected to identify policy, research and information gaps,
> and make proposals to strengthen international cooperation in the digital
> space.
>
> Members of the High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation:
>
> *Co-Chairs*
>
>    - Melinda Gates (United States), Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates
>    Foundation
>    - Jack Ma (China), Executive Chairman, Alibaba Group
>
> *Members*
>
>    - Mohammed Al Gergawi (United Arab Emirates), Minister of Cabinet
>    Affairs and the Future, United Arab Emirates
>    - Yuichiro Anzai (Japan), President of the Japan Society for the
>    Promotion of Science
>    - Nikolai Astrup (Norway), Minister of International Development,
>    Norway
>    - Vinton Cerf (United States), Vice President and Chief Internet
>    Evangelist, Google
>    - Fadi Chehadé (United States), Partner at ABRY Partners
>    - Isabel Guerrero Pulgar (Chile), Director, IMAGO Global Grassroots
>    and Lecturer, Harvard Kennedy School
>    - Marina Kaljurand (Estonia), Chair of the Global Commission on the
>    Stability of Cyberspace
>    - Bogolo Kenewendo (Botswana), Minister of Investment, Trade and
>    Industry, Botswana
>    - Akaliza Keza Ntwari (Rwanda), ICT advocate and entrepreneur
>    - Marina Kolesnik (Russian Federation), senior executive, entrepreneur
>    and WEF Young Global Leader
>    - Doris Leuthard (Switzerland), Head of the Federal Department of the
>    Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications, Switzerland
>    - Cathy Mulligan (United Kingdom), Visiting Research Fellow Imperial
>    College Centre for Cryptocurrency
>    - Edson Prestes (Brazil), Professor, Institute of Informatics, Federal
>    University of Rio Grande do Sul
>    - Kira Radinsky (Israel), Director of Data Science, eBay
>    - Nanjira Sambuli (Kenya), Digital Equality Advocacy Manager, World
>    Wide Web Foundation
>    - Sophie Soowon Eom (Republic of Korea), Founder of Adriel AI and
>    Solidware
>    - Dhananjayan Sriskandarajah (Australia), Secretary General, CIVICUS
>    - Jean Tirole (France), Chairman of the Toulouse School of Economics
>    and the Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse
>
> *Ex Officio*
>
>    - Amandeep Singh Gill (India), Executive Director, Secretariat of the
>    High-level Panel on Digital Cooperation
>    - Jovan Kurbalija (Serbia), Executive Director, Secretariat of the
>    High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation
>
> All Panel members serve in their personal capacity, not as representatives
> of their respective institutions.
>

> ------------------------
> **Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
> Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
> <http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
> [...]

*Akinremi Peter Taiwo*
[ West Africa Coordinator ]
African Civil Society on Information Society (*ACSIS*)
*Website: *www.acsis-scasi.org

*Chief E*xecutive Consultant.
[ Compsoftnet Enterprise ]
www.compsoftnet.com.ng
Nigeria

*T*echnical Consultant
[ RetailPoint ]
Lagos
Website: www.retailpos.com.ng

*Phone:* +2347-0638-30177, +2348-1874-76292
*twitter:* @compsoftnet
*Skype:* akinremi.peter