[governance] [bestbits] Fw: [Igfregionals] Fw: [IGFmaglist] World Economic Forum - Davos 2018 "Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World”

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 02:46:37 EST 2018

That's a good point, De and I would welcome anyone who would like to
hold the pen and draft something to Lynn. We can ask her clarification
about all these things "representation" to help clear any future
issues.

I also liked the idea of having the IGF represented (through an
individual representative or so) at these various fora/institutions.
But again, where will this person come from? Someone from the
Secretariat? Anyone from the community? How? I think there are so many
things that the IGF (in its current form cannot just do).

But more importantly, i would suggest we use this opportunity to make
our voice, as CS, known in Davos through people such as Lynn who are
invited (we can include few suggestions in our communication with her
or through the different channels she suggested) or Access Now's CEO
who will also speaking and who is receiving inputs from civil society
groups (buff.ly/2FQXPZZ).

Let's move this discussion ahead if we want to make our voice heard.

--
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)