[governance] Fwd: [bestbits] SUCCESS! Fwd: Mobile Network Shutdowns declared Illegal

Mon Feb 26 09:33:50 EST 2018

From: Deirdre Williams <williams.deirdre at gmail.com>
Date: 26 February 2018 at 10:30
Subject: Fwd: [bestbits] SUCCESS! Fwd: Mobile Network Shutdowns declared
To: igc at lists.riseup.net, IRP <Irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org>,

From: shahzad ahmad <shahzad at bytesforall.pk>
Date: 26 February 2018 at 03:10
Subject: [bestbits] SUCCESS! Fwd: Mobile Network Shutdowns declared Illegal
To: Keep It <keepiton at lists.riseup.net>, BestBitsList <
(via Google Docs)" <peter at accessnow.org>, "Brett Solomon, Access Now" <
brett at accessnow.org>, Melody Patry <melody at accessnow.org>
Cc: Umer Gilani <umer.gilani at gmail.com>, Haroon Baloch <
haroon at bytesforall.pk>, Lucy Purdon <purdonlucy at gmail.com>,
lucyp at privacyinternational.org, Ben Wagner <ben at benwagner.org>, Ben Wagner <
bwagner at europa-uni.de>, Marvi Sirmed <marvi at marvisirmed.com>, Salil
Tripathi <salil.tripathi at gmail.com>

Dear Colleagues,

This is the most wonderful news in days and a great victory for the digital
rights movement.

Yet again, it proves that how Research can bring wonderful policy changes
that we all are striving for.

Umer cced is a young brilliant lawyer based in Islamabad and he took this
initiative at his own based on the following published research.

https://www.bytesforall.pk/publication/network-shutdowns-pakistan

We are extremely thankful for all the great work by Umer and his team for
taking this up in the court.

Thanks are also due to Dr. Lucy Purdon and Dr. Ben Wagner for their amazing
timely work and helping us conduct this research in Pakistan. Also copying
Salil Bhai at IHRB, who was great help and support as always.

We look forward to your advice on how to take this forward.

Best wishes and regards

Shahzad

--
Shahzad Ahmad
Country Director, Bytes for All, Pakistan

Begin forwarded message: