[governance] WEBCAST TUE-THU: Africa Peering and Interconnection Forum 2017 (AfPIF) live from Capetown, South Africa #afpif2018

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Aug 22 06:25:37 EDT 2018

 Every year I say it. This is the single best event that ISOC puts on.
Developing peering and interconnections is at the very heart of what we do.
Right now it's just about halfway through Day 2. Apologies for late notice
but there was a fair amount of troubleshooting to do on the stream. I break
the stream down into sessions at the end of day, so at least it is easy to
catch up.

<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nsfmmwrcn4/>

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/afpif2018>The *9th Africa
Peering and Interconnection Forum <https://www.afpif.org/afpif2018/>*(AfPIF)
takes place from *21-23 August, 2018* in *Capetown, South Africa*. The
event, which this year is being held in conjunction with *iWeek
<https://iweek.org.za/>*, discusses regional interconnection dynamics and
content issues that are critical components of transit deficits. As a
multi-stakeholder forum, AfPIF seeks to foster cross-border interconnection
opportunities by ensuring that key players — infrastructure providers,
Internet service providers (ISPs), IXPs, international financial
institutions, and policy-makers and regulators are present at the event.
The event is being streamed live via the *Internet Society livestream
channel <http://new.livestream.com/internetsociety/afpif2018>*.
Capetown time is UTC+2 thus 6 hours ahead of NYC.

*What: Africa Peering and Interconnection Forum 2018
<https://www.afpif.org/afpif2018/>*
*Where: Westin Hôtel, Capetown, South Africa*
*When: 21-23 August, 2018*
*Program: https://www.afpif.org/afpif2018/agenda/
<https://www.afpif.org/afpif2018/agenda/>*
*Webcast: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/afpif2018/
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/afpif2018/>*
*Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ISOCAfrica/
<https://www.facebook.com/ISOCAfrica/>*
*Twitter: #AfPIF2018 http://bit.ly/afpif2018 <http://bit.ly/afpif2018>*

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10464

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast