[governance] [MAG 2018 ELECTIONS] CSCG call for nominations to IGC

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:37:59 EDT 2017

Hi Bruna,

Thanks for sharing. I am hoping everyone received this email and have
started getting ready.

Do not hesitate if you have any questions.

Regards,
Arsene

> Dear all,
>
> Please find below the details of the process by which all Internet
> Governance Caucus (IGC) members are invited to submit nominations to the
> Civil Society Coordination Group (CSCG) as part of the 2018 elections for
> the IGF Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG). The procedures of
> appointments can be found at this link: http://www.internetgov-c
> s.org/procedures <http://www.internetgov-cs.org/procedures>
>
> In order to facilitate this process within the CSCG a dedicated Nomination
> Committee (or NomCom) has been set up. The NomCom is comprised of one
> representative from our coalition and members from the Association for
> Progressive Communications (APC), Best Bits, Just Net Coalition (JNC), and
> ICANN’s Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG). The NomCom is coordinated
> by a non voting chair and the IGC Co-Coordinator (Arsene Tungali),
> supported by CSCG Co-chair (Richard Hill).
>
> The NomCom has been tasked by the Civil Society Coordination Group (CSCG)
> to run the process of selection and endorsement of civil society candidates
> nominations for the 2018 IGF MAG selection round.
>
> Based on this information (https://www.intgovforum.org/m
> ultilingual/content/mag-2018-renewal-0), this year, *there are 6 seats
> available for civil society, the CSCG has decided to endorse a pull of up
> to 8 names* where the IGF Secretariat will choose from. *The deadline for
> nominations to be sent to the NomCom is **October 31.*
>
> Thank you for being part of this process and please let me know should you
> have any questions.
>
> Best,
> *Bruna Santos *
>
> -------------------------
> *2018 IGF MAG Selection Round – Nominations Selection criteria*
> -------------------------
>
>    - Candidates should have *extensive linkages with civil society groups*.
>    - Candidates must be able to *provide advice on the programme and main
>    themes of the next meeting of the IGF*.
>    - Candidates must be able *attend two to three MAG meetings in
> Geneva *Switzerland,
>    *in addition to the annual IGF meeting*.
>    - They should *participate actively in the preparatory process
>    throughout the year*, through engagement in the online multilateral
>    dialogue among MAG members.
>    - Candidates should *address these selection criteria in their
> statement*
>    .
>    - Self-nominations are allowed.
>
> *Timetable for the process*
> -------------------------
> Here are important dates to consider for this process:
>
>    - *October 20th:* NomCom 11 agree on the process which will be included
>    in the call for nominations;
>    - *October 21st:* Nomination opens.
>    - *October 31:* Deadline for nominations from CSCG constituencies to be
>    sent to the CSCG NomCom
>    - *1–6 November*: NomCom shortlist and decide on the 8 names to send to
>    the IGF Secretariat
> [...]

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)